"Oh, the places you'll go!"

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

POWER



During the Holocaust, innocent people were killed for the simple reason of them being Jewish. This picture reminded me of Resurrection man by Eion Mcnamme. It reminded me of such because of the tension that goes on between the Catholics and Protestansts in the book, as well as the fact that innocent people were killed and tortured for no good reason whatsoever. Just as in Resurrection Man, when Viktor Kelly goes around killing people for the fame he feels that comes along with the attention his stories recieve from the media. This image of a gas chamber in Germany represents a place where innocent people suffered and died, simply because the Germans thought they had more power over everyone else. 


From the outside, this place looks very exclusive. Centuries ago, when this castle was built, I’m sure it was extremely exclusive. From the huge surrounding walls of the city, it is clear that not just anyone was allowed in, but it makes me wonder why? Why were people so secretive? I don’t know exactly what one had to do to be granted access into the castle during these ancient times, but compared to how I got in, I’m sure it was significantly harder. Although, it did take quite the effort for me to finally reach this castle and be able to get in. As you can see, the castle is rested on top of a mountain, overlooking the city, so it wasn’t exactly just a hop and a skip over here. 
 After biking up hill I had finally reached the castle and was able to go inside. Though the structure is beautiful, and has amazing views of the city below, I was expecting a little more. I wonder what it was like when people actually lived here. Maybe it had some more elegance to it than it does now. I wonder what the people who used to live here would think of the castle today. I wonder if they would be upset to find out that just anyone can walk right in and explore around. 

( http://musingsfromheretothere.blogspot.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment