"Oh, the places you'll go!"

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

After exploring through Dr. Seuss land, I find my way to a more calming area- the beach. There is some type of little pier looking thing that I like to imagine to be the steps to the future. Walking down the rocks and wooden planks to the water, looking out far into the distance, it makes me wonder what is at “the end.” The water seems to be endless. 
I lay down on the rocks and imagine myself jumping into the water and wonder where it will take me. Just as the ocean looks as if it could go on forever, so does my imagination- the possibilities are endless. I picture myself diving in the water, and resubmerging into a whole new world. Maybe it will take me to another part of Dr. Seuss land, or maybe to a world even wackier than Dr. Seuss Land, a world filled with mermaids and fire breathing dragons. Another side of me is simply imagining myself going to a different part of Spain, maybe one of the spots from the first picture of Dr. Seuss land. I picture myself being in a big plaza and finding the smoke coming from a nearby burning building.
                                        jumping
On another note, maybe                into the water would just be
the
end.            

As stated in “Neon Bible”, “Like anything in this world, there must be an end.”
"Neon Bible"

1 comment:

  1. I think you made a great decision posting the song/video first, because it sets the tone. I listened to it and felt like exploring the world and going on a new adventure, which is what your blog is about. I did see a little disconnect between the video and your post simply for the fact that the video portrays love/romance and that wasn't seen in your blog. I do like how you referenced ‘a whole new world’ in your blog, which leaves whatever you were dreaming/thinking about private, so who knows, you could’ve been thinking/imaging about something romantic.
    The image, however, correlated perfectly with what you were saying! It's a beautiful image and by reading your words and looking at it, I was able to put myself in the scene. Also, by placing the image first I was able to see it then read about, which has two effects. Being that you describe it in detail in your post, I am no longer left up to my imagination with what it would look like. But, at the same time, since you’re the author, you’ve placed my mind exactly where you want it to be, so good job on that!
    I like your play with text at the end. How you placed the word “jumping” looked like it was about to leap off into the water! There wasn’t much more than that, but honestly I don’t think you needed it! Your words did a fantastic job at painting an image for the reader.
    All in all, I really enjoyed reading your blog! You left your imagination open and portrayed the possibilities as endless, which in turn makes me, the reader, feel the same way. Keep up the great work, because this was awesome and I look forward to seeing what you do next!

    ReplyDelete